Reading time: 13 minutes
During the cooler months it’s important to keep yourself warm, but it’s equally as important to make sure that your morning cup of tea or coffee is warm too!
Coffee shops are expensive, and if you want to cut costs on a daily basis, making your own drinks and transporting them around is the way to go.
To do that, you need an insulated tumbler.
Let’s look at the best insulated tumblers in the market today.
Article at a glance
- 1 Introduction
- 2 What is an insulated tumbler?
- 3 #2 Contigo Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- 4 #3 Hydro Flask Vacuum Insulated Tumbler Cup
- 5 #4 Thermos Stainless King
- 6 #5 Recpro Tumbler 30oz
- 7 #6 Engel Cooler Tumbler
- 8 #7 YETI Rambler Stainless Steel Insulated Tumbler, 20oz
- 9 #8 S’well Tumbler, 18oz
- 10 Final Thoughts
What is an insulated tumbler?
An insulated tumbler is a large flask-style cup which keeps your drinks warm, or cool, no matter what the weather.
Most tumblers have a vacuum style fastening, which ensures no spillages and the correct temperature for your beverage.
Of course, due to the extreme popularity of these types of tumblers, there are many on the market and some are far better than others.
In many respects you get what you pay for, but doing your research is vital if you want to purchase a quality product for your cash, and to gain the best experience whilst out and about.
To help you out, we’ve reviewed 8 of the best insulated tumblers for 2019.
Available in 12 different colour choice and a 16, 12, and 20 ounce fill size, this is one of the most popular and most stylish insulated tumblers on the market.
The design is quite compact and it is also designed to be ergonomic in your hand, so easy to hold and drink from whilst you’re out and about.
This best stainless steel tumbler can also hold your drink for 6 hours upwards, keeping it at the adequate temperature for you.
You can easily disassemble the mug to ensure adequate cleaning and it is made of BPA free plastic, with the stainless steel body section.
The interior section is also non-stick, so extra ease of cleaning and therefore a long-lasting product.
The top section has a vacuum to keep the lid on tightly and a specific pictograph-style lock, which gives you extra peace of mind that your drink is not going anywhere.
- Several different colour options and sizes to choose from
- Compact design which is ergonomic, so feels good in your hand
- Holds liquids for 6 hours plus
- Easy cleaning and non-stick interior section
- Specialised lock for peace of mind
- There are several insulated tumblers which are of a slightly higher quality for a lower price, so shopping around is vital
Price: Click here to check the price of the Zojirushi Stainless Steel Travel Mug on Amazon’s website
Not all drinks need to stay warm, and some need to be cool too!
This Contigo option is certainly stylish to look at and is one of the best insulated cup for cold drink options around.
You can add hot drinks and be sure they will remain at temperature for anything up to 7 hours, and cold drinks will remain that way for up to 20 hours.
The top section has a Thermalock for peace of mind and vacuum insulation to ensure temperature control.
This tumbler is ergonomically designed once more, with an indented section at the mid part, to hold in one hand whilst perhaps running or walking.
There is also a pop up straw section on the lid and a cover over the spout to keep everything clean and hygienic whilst in use.
The other plus point is that you can be sure your bottle isn’t going to leak whilst in your bag, as the lid is leak proof; ideal for long days or sports activities.
- Flexible in that it is useful for both cold and warm drinks, with long temperature control times
- Contigo offer a good warranty, so you can be sure of quality and back up if there is an issue
- Stylish design which can be held in one hand easily
- Durable material
- Leak proof lid and spout cover for hygiene
- Pop up straw for ease of use
- Despite the ‘non spill’ label, some users have had issues with spillages when the lid isn’t snapped closed properly, so this is something to bear in mind
Price: Click here to check the price of the Contigo Stainless Steel Water Bottle on Amazon’s website
This is one of the best-insulated tumbler choices for style if nothing else.
Available in a myriad of different colours, the tumbler will certainly look the part either on your way to work or whilst out and about in a sporting capacity.
The cost is reflected in the style however, and this is one of the slightly more expensive options we’ve reviewed so far.
The big brand name will give you peace of mind however.
One of the biggest features of this particular product is the vacuum which is referred to as Tempshield and keeps your drinks to their correct temperature, even when outside it’s freezing cold or warm! You can also choose between different sizes, with a 22 and 32 ounce option, so you can customise what you need.
The cup is also doubled walled meaning hot drinks remain hot for up to 6 hours and cold drinks are good to go for up to 24 hours.
The design of this cup is stylish, as we mentioned, but it is ergonomically designed too, so it can be held in one hand with ease and will also fit into most ar cup holders at the same time.
As with most other options, the lid is designed to stop spillages.
- Stylish design which is avilable in several colours and sizes
- Tempshield vacuum to keep drinks at the right temperature
- Insulates both hot and cold drinks effectively
- Ergonomic design which can be held in one hand
- Spill-free lid
- Slightly more expensive option
- Keeps drinks warm for 6 hours, which is less than some other options at a lower price tag
Price: Click here to check the price of the Hydro Flask Vacuum Insulated Tumbler Cup on Amazon’s website
The big brand name means that you get instant peace of mind in your purchase and that will probably mean a lot to many people.
In this case, you’re not actually paying over the odds for the name, which is another plus point.
This is one of the best insulated cups to choose because of the name but also because of the size, holding 40 ounces.
That’s enough to see you through the day and you can choose from several colours, all in a stainless steel material that is designed for durability and to keep your drinks at the correct temperature.
his cup is also designed to hold your hot and cold drinks for anything up to 24 hours, so ideal for long days out when you’re not too sure when you’re likely to return!
The downside is that this cup isn’t ideal for children and is therefore not recommended for younger age groups.
That aside, this cup is high quality and has the classic function to twist the lid and pour, without spillages.
There is also a serving cup on the top , which clips into place.
- Big named brand at a low price tag
- Several colours to choose from in a classic design
- Serving cup included, which snaps into place
- Keeps both hot and cold drinks at temperature for up to 24 hours
- Large capacity at 40 ounces
- Not recommended for children
- Not ergonomically designed to be held in one hand
This is one of the best insulated cups around because it might look small but it’s surprisingly roomy inside, holding up to 30oz of hot or cold liquid! It is also a lower priced option, so ideal for those on a budget, but who still want quality.
This cup is stainless steel with a blue middle section and a plastic lid which is designed to be spill resistant.
The material is also rustproof, so no worries about aging and wear and tear.
The cup has a double wall design, which keeps drinks hot or cold for a long period of time.
Overall, this cup may not have fancy features, and some users do mention the clear plastic lid does look a little out of place against the stainless steel design, but for the price you’re getting good quality and therefore if you’re trying to cut costs, this is a suitable option to go for.
- Budget option which does exactly what it says on the tin
- Doubled walled design which keeps drinks hot or cold for several hours
- Rustproof material for durability
- Stainless steel outer that holds 30oz of liquid
- Quite basic even though it does the job
- Some users state that the clear plastic lid looks out of place against the overall design
Engel is a front runner in designing some of the best stainless steel tumbler options on the market and this particular product doesn’t fall short of expectations.
This is a good option for those who are heading out into the Great Outdoors for a few hours, perhaps in rather hot or cold temperatures, and want their drinks to remain as they should.
The cup is quite small in size, however that’s ideal if you are short on space and don’t want to carry a larger cup in your bag.
The cup is double walled for insulation and the lid is leak proof.
The bottom section is also moulded to ensure that it sits in place on various surfaces, to avoid spilling your drink when in use.
It will also fit inside most car cup holders and is easy to hold in one hand, thanks to the compact size and moulded shape.
- Compact stainless steel cup which is easy to hold in one hand
- Fits into most car cup holders
- High quality brand name at an affordable price
- Double walled and leak proof
- Moulded bottom section for stability
- No major features to make it stand out against some of the other big named options
This is certainly one of the best-insulated tumbler choices on our list and one which is very popular amongst users.
Available in a huge range of different colour options, this insulated cup holds 20oz of liquid and is perfect for quick trips out.
The lid is the main feature on this product, with a patented MAgSlider lid, which keeps your liquid inside with a magnet.
The cup is also easy to clean and the outside is designed to remain dry in all situations, therefore making it even easier to hold.
Durability is added with the non-fade and non-peel of the outer material.
The double walled design is perfect for keeping your liquids at temperature for up to 7 hours and you can also choose between the other sizes in the range if you want to, with a 10 and 30oz choice in addition to this one.
- Big named brand and very popular option
- Available in three sizes
- Double walled design to keep drinks hot or cold for many hours
- Outer is designed to remain dry at all times and is anti-peel and anti-fade
- Quite expensive compared to some other similar standard cups
Price: Click here to check the price of the YETI Rambler Stainless Steel Insulated on Amazon’s website
This might be a smaller option but it is ideal for those who don’t particularly want to carry a large drinks holder around with them all day.
This is one of the best insulated cups for hot or cold use and is extremely stylish, coming in a range of different solid colours and patterned choices.
Made of quality stainless steel and BPA-free materials, the cup is triple walled, so you can be sure that your drink is going to remain hot or cold for several hours and the outer is designed to remain sweat-free, so it is easy to hold with just one hand.
The lid is sold separately however, which does add to the cost.
Overall, for small drinks this is a great and very stylish choice.
- Ideal for those who want to take a small amount of liquid out with them
- Stylish design, available in several colours and patterns
- Triple walled
- Sweat-free outer design, making it easy to hold
- The lid is sold separately, which adds to the cost
- May not be large enough for full days out
Choosing the best stainless steel tumbler for your needs takes time and effort.
Whilst none of these products are hugely expensive, it is important to find a cost-effective choice, which fits your needs and budget.
These are some of the best-insulated cups on the market and should give you plenty of food for thought!
Last Updated on