Reading time: 16 minutes
The fact you are reading this article tells us one of two things – either you’ve noticed what is probably cellulite on your thighs or buttocks, or you’ve tried a million cellulite creams in the past and you’re desperate to finally find one that works.
Either way, we’re going to help you out.
Cellulite is the bane of many a life.
It’s not harmful, but it’s annoying, that’s for sure.
Cellulite can be waved goodbye to, but it takes the right product, the right way to use it, and a few other lifestyle changes to finally get the job done.
We’re going to talk you through eight of the best cellulite creams around at the moment, ones which actually do what they’re supposed to – get rid of cellulite.
First things first, let’s go through a little background information.
Article at a glance
- 1 What is Cellulite?
- 2 How to Get Rid of Cellulite
- 3 Eight Cellulite Creams You Should Invest in
- 3.1 #1 Our Top Choice – Mio Skin Tight Tightening Body Serum
- 3.2 #2 Our Runner-up – Bliss Fabgirlslim Skin Firming Cream & Anti Cellulite Treatment
- 3.3 #3 Cos Naturals Cellulite Defence Cream
- 3.4 #4 Body Merry Cellulite Defence Gel Cream
- 3.5 #5 Majestic Pure Anti Cellulite Cream
- 3.6 #6 BeautyFit BeautyBum Anti Cellulite Cream & Toning Lotion
- 3.7 #7 CellulitiX Cellulite Cream and Massager
- 3.8 #8 Advanced Clinicals 8oz Cellulite Gel
What is Cellulite?
Cellulite is more common than you think, even celebrities have it! It is much more common in women than in men, but that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t affect men at all.
Cellulite is all down to a combination of fibrous bands of fat and connective tissue.
Basically, the underlying layers of fat begin to bulge through the connective tissues which are present under the skin, in the upper layers.
This causes a dimpling, rough effect, which is why you hear it referred to as ‘orange peel’ or ‘cottage cheese’.
From that description you would think that cellulite only affects people who are a little overweight, but that isn’t eh case.
Cellulite can occur no matter what your weight or body type, but being overweight is a risk factor, that’s for sure.
There is no real ‘this is why’ answer to why one person gets cellulite and another doesn’t, it is literally all down to how strong the connective tissues are within your body, and how much fat there is bulging underneath.
Some say it is down to genes, some say it is bad luck, but whatever it is, there are ways you can minimise it and even get rid of it.
How to Get Rid of Cellulite
There are many old wives tales about how to get rid of cellulite, but the best options are:
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat a healthy diet
- Exercise regularly to strengthen the connective tissues and tone up the area, whilst also keeping excess weight at bay
- Regular massaging of the area
This entire article is about cellulite creams, so we have to pose the question, do they actually work? Yes they do, but you need to choose a quality product that contains the right ingredients, and you need to use it regularly, in the right way.
With that in mind, let’s check out those eight cellulite creams we were talking about, the ones that actually do what they promise!
Eight Cellulite Creams You Should Invest in
This might not be the cheapest option on the market, but there is a lot of truth in the saying that you get what you pay for.
If you want to find an effective cellulite cream, then the Mio skin tight Tightening Body Cream is a great choice.
This cream is perfect for any skin time, of any age, which really sets it apart.
Mature skin is perfect for this cream, just like teenage skin, it doesn’t discriminate!
In order to get the best results, you need to use the cream daily on the affected area for 30 days, and if you can use it twice per day, even better.
The cream then absorbs deep into the skin and works to smooth everything out, bringing back an even texture, and tightening up the affected area.
The deep connective tissues are strengthened, which reduces the chance of any underlying fat bulging through and creating that cellulite appearance we all despise so much.
In addition, this cream can be used for giving skin a glow, so if you’ve lost a lot of weight recently and you notice your skin is sagging and dull, this cream will work to tone the area up and bring a more vibrant appearance overall.
Another plus point? It covers all areas, so you can use it on your thighs, knees, the backs of the arms, breasts, stomach, anywhere you want.
- Effective and proven to be successful, thanks to many top reviews
- Multi purpose, can be used for cellulite, but also for tightening up skin that has lost its tightness overall
- Can be used on several different areas of the body
- Absorbs quickly, and doesn’t leave a sticky residue
- Suitable for all age groups
- The price
- It may take up to six weeks for results to show
If you’ve read anything about cellulite treatments, you’ll know about the reputed effects of caffeine on the skin.
This particular treatment contains encapsulated caffeine, which works to quickly target areas for tightening and get to the heart of the problem.
The Bliss Fabgirlslim Skin Firming Cream & Anti Cellulite Treatment isn’t only for cellulite, we should add, it is also for general tightening, so as with our previous cream, you can use it for post weight loss tightening on problem areas, such as the breasts or the backs of the arms, for example.
The biggest plus point about this particular product is that it is quite fast acting, and that is all down to that caffeine ingredient we just mentioned.
Skin is visibly tighter and smoother after around a month of using the cream, with a firmer feel.
In addition to the caffeine content, there is a blend of natural botanicals contained with the cream, which adds to its tightening effect.
To get the best results, it is recommended to use the cream twice per day, so once in the morning and once at night.
You should massage the cream into the area you want to target, using a circular motion, for around 30 seconds.
When you apply the cream, it will make your skin feel soft, so you get a moisturising instantly, but this articular product is probably one of the fastest acting around, with clear results after just a month of using it; some users have reported less time.
- Fast acting formula
- Contains caffeine, which is known to help with cellulite eradication
- Smells great!
- Moisturises the skin whilst using it
- Can be used for general skin tightening, not just for cellulite
- Again, the price is high
- A slightly smaller tub also means you need to buy it more often
So far we have reviewed two cream which are fabulous at what they do, but they cost a little more.
If you are looking for a cellulite cream that works, but one which won’t break the bank at the same time, the Cos Naturals Cellulite Defence Cream is for you!
This is a cream which is specifically for cellulite, so it’s not really multi-action, but if cellulite is what you’re looking to banish, it’s a good option.
The cream works to reducing the volume and number of fat cells which are in the affected area, therefore reducing the bulge, and the appearance of cellulite.
In addition, the cream really moisturises the skin deeply, so you get a soft after effect too, whilst toning the skin in the affected area.
Another plus point?
This one isn’t directly targeted at women, it can be used by men too!
The cream is made of organic, natural ingredients, and it doesn’t contain any added nasties, such as alcohols or parabens.
- Great price for high quality
- Moisturises the skin whilst toning and reducing the volume of fat cells
- Made of natural, organic ingredients
- Suitable for men and women
- This isn’t a multi-purpose product, it is aimed solely at cellulite
- Results can take six weeks to show, using the product twice daily
The Body Merry Cellulite Defence Gel Cream is lightweight and easily absorbed into the skin, leaving a soft and fresh feel following use.
The cream works to tighten up the desired area, whilst also giving a smooth and soft feel.
The fact it is a gel and cream combination means it is super lightweight, so you can apply it quickly, throw on your clothes for work, and not have to worry about marks.
You could easily use this product as a result body moisturiser, without wanting to actually target cellulite, but it is very high quality at its job.
The cream contains seaweed, cayenne, coffee, and organic aloe, which helps the product penetrate deep into the skin and decrease the volume of fat cells, which bulge through the tissue to cause cellulite.
Another plus point is that the cream also has a little menthol in it, which not only smells great, but gives a relaxing, tingling feeling whilst it is being applied!
- Good quality, due to the large size of the jar, and the fact you only need a very small amount
- Lightweight and luxurious feel
- A deep moisturiser
- Decreases the volume of fat cells and strengthens the tissues, to decrease the appearance of cellulite
- Easily absorbed
- The cream has a distinct smell of coffee
- Only a small amount is needed, and if you apply a little too much, the lightweight element goes away and it can become sticky
Using the Majestic Pure Anti Cellulite Cream is quite a relaxing experience, and it doubles up as a muscle pain relief cream too.
The product is also made of almost 90% organic ingredients, so you know you’re getting quality within the cream, and you don’t have to worry about any skin reactions, or leaving a nasty footprint on the environment.
The cream contains several ingredients which none of our other products can boast about, namely juniper, grapefruit and rosemary, which are natural skin tighteners.
The cream warms as it is massaged into the skin, which is very relaxing overall, and the combination of ingredient smells divine too!
The cream is deeply moisturising within all of this, and if you do have any muscle pain, it will work to soothe it as you try and get rid of your cellulite at the same time!
- A delicious smelling product, made of organic ingredients
- Doubles up as a muscle pain relief cream
- Contains natural skin tighteners, such as juniper and rosemary
- Has a high moisturising effect
- This product should not be used on any areas which are affected by skin conditions, such as dermatitis or eczema, due to the essential oil content
- A slightly higher price tag
Despite the small size of tube, this product is very popular, and one which works wonderfully well on cellulite of all degrees.
The BeautyFit BeautyBum Anti Cellulite Cream & Toning Lotion contains beta and alpha hydroxy acids, which are naturally occurring within the body, and work to help with wrinkles, but also help to tighten the skin, moisturise it, and also boost collagen and elasticity within the skin.
By doing this, you’re tightening and strengthening the connective tissues, which means that cellulite is reduced.
You can use this cream on any area you like, so if you have cellulite on the backs of your thighs, but you want to generally tighten up the backs of your arms, you can use it as dual function, which saves cash on buying another product for that requirement.
Skin smoothness and softness is also boosted, with a great moisturising effect.
Another unique thing about this product is that it helps to eliminate toxins within the skin and body too.
It penetrates deep down, and forces tissues to release lipid particles.
This helps the body to burn these away, and you therefore reduce the number of fat cells that cause cellulite. Magic!
- Dual effect cream, which also helps to burn away excessive fat cells
- Moisturises the skin deeply
- Contains beta and alpha hydroxy acids, which tighten skin and boosts the skin’s elasticity
- Good price, but a small tube
The CellulitiX Cellulite Cream and Massager is quite a scientific option, and one which was developed by plastic surgeons across Europe.
The cream comes with a massager, and as you can imagine for such a description, the price is a little higher as a result.
If you’re happy to pay for quality however, you will get great results.
Studies on this product show that 92% of women who use it see big results in just a month.
As we mentioned with a previous product, this one also contains caffeine, which has been shown to help speed up the cellulite reduction process.
At the same time, the cream tightens up skin, so it can be used on other areas for general tightening only.
If you use the massager at the same time, you will see faster results, due to an increase in blood flow, which activates the ingredients within the formula.
This particular product also contains retinyl palmitate, adiposlim, and caffeine, as well as almond oil and shea butter, for a delicious smell.
Overall, this combination increases elasticity, firms skin, and also reduces the amount of fat cells stored in the area.
- Scientifically proven and developed by plastic surgeons
- Comes with a free massager, to speed up the process
- Contains proven ingredients which work to reduce cellulite fast
- Results will show in just four weeks
- High price could put some users off
Okay, so strictly speaking not a cream, but a gel!
The Advanced Clinicals 8oz Cellulite Gel is a great budget choice for those who don’t want to spend a huge amount, and is highly effective.
This gel contains several ingredients, including caffeine, seaweed, and lotus extracts, to give a delicious scent, but also create a powerful potion.
The tube is quite large, at 8oz, and you only need a small amount to use, so it should last you quite a long time, making it a very cost effective choice.
Elasticity is targeted with this gel, which needs to be used twice per day, massaged into the area in a circular motion.
The gel will then firm up skin and improve the elasticity of the area and strengthen the connective tissues.
- Great price and a large sized tube
- Can be used on any part of the body for firming, as well as regular cellulite areas
- Boosts elasticity and strengthens connective tissues
- You only need a small amount, which goes a long way
- The results can take up to six months to show
Last Updated on