Reading time: 13 minutes
Cellulite affects more than 85% of women of all shapes and sizes and it is most common on thighs. Cellulite has a distinct appearance that often resembles orange peel or cottage cheese.
Research has identified the main causes of cellulite are genetics, hormones and most importantly an unhealthy lifestyle. Research also suggests that cellulite tends to worsen with age, so it is recommended to lay the groundwork as early as possible to prevent the appearance of cellulite.
Rather than wasting money on expensive ‘miracle creams’ or ineffective medical procedures, you can easily get rid of cellulite by using natural techniques. Unfortunately many cellulite creams and treatments are only a temporary solution at best.
In this article we will show you how to get rid of cellulite on your thighs fast and naturally (both in the short and medium term).
If you are looking at ways to get rid of cellulite for good have a read of our article entitled How to Get Rid of Cellulite: The Ultimate Guide.
This will help you tackle the causes of cellulite and not just the symptoms, and can be used in conjunction with the natural remedies listed below.
How to Get Rid of Cellulite on Thighs, Legs and Buttocks Fast and Naturally
Dry brushing is one of the most straightforward approaches to dispose of cellulite on your thighs. Interestingly, only a small number of people have heard about this highly effective technique.
The procedure of dry brushing enhances blood flow and lymphatic seepage, and expels the development of poisonous toxins from the body.
In addition, it is suggested that the enhanced blood flow to the skin makes it appear full, in this way lessening the appearance of cellulite.
- Before starting ensure your skin and the brush are both dry.
- Carefully brush from your feet up to your shoulders concentrating more on zones with the most cellulite. Make sure to brush from left to right half of the body and keep the brushing developments concentrated toward the heart to support blood flow.
- Repeat this dry brushing technique for around five minutes.
- Finally, shower to wash away the dead skin cells and pollutants.
- Aim to practice this once every other day, washing up for a couple of months in order to see a visible change in your skin surface and appearance.
Adding the right food and drink to your diet can also help to reduce cellulite. Here are some tips for healthy choices in your food and drink that are effective in banishing cellulite.
Cayenne pepper is essentially a fat-consuming food. It has been shown to warm up the body, increase blood flow and improve digestion.
Furthermore, it disposes of unhealthy skin cells and supplants them with solid sound cells.
Most importantly, standard utilization of cayenne pepper has been shown to help dispense toxins from the body and lessen the presence of cellulite in the thighs.
To get the best results:
- Include a couple of teaspoons of cayenne pepper powder, one teaspoon of ground ginger and crisp pressed juice from one lemon to a glass of warm water and blend well.
- Drink the cellulite de-toxicant drink a few times a week for a couple of months to see results.
Coarse Espresso Beans
Coarse espresso beans can be utilized as a scrub to expel dead skin cells and recover new sound cells. In addition it may also enable an increase in blood flow to the skin.
To make a scrub, combine some espresso beans, three tablespoons of sugar and two tablespoons of liquefied coconut oil to shape a glue.
Take a tad bit of this glue and rub into the cellulite effected skin for a few minutes using some pressure. Finally, wash it off with tepid water.
Try this procedure a few times each week for at least 4 weeks or until the point that you reach your desired outcomes. You may also be able to store the extras in a glass container for a later time.
If this is too much hassle you can also create a wrap with espresso and olive oil. Just warm some espresso beans and some extra virgin olive oil in the microwave for 20 seconds.
Spread the warm blend over the cellulite affected areas and cover it with plastic wrap. Leave it on for 30 minutes, and after that wash it off with warm water. Do this twice per week until you see a visible change.
Bear in mind that these are short term solutions at best. They will not work in the medium to long term as they do not attack the causes of cellulite.
Juniper oil has detoxifying properties and can help reduce fluid retention, thus effectively reducing cellulite.
- Mix 10 to 15 drops of juniper oil in one-fourth cup of olive oil.
- Massage the mixture into the affected area for 10 minutes.
- Do this twice daily. After a month, you will notice your skin is softer and firmer.
Natural exfoliating agent, seaweed empowers blood flow, enhances skin surface and flushes hurtful poisons from the body.
This has been suggested to decrease the presence of cellulite. Combine three tablespoons of ground ocean growth (easily accessible at wellbeing stores), one-fourth container of ocean salt and additional extra virgin olive oil, and a couple of drops of any sort of essential oil.
Massage a little bit of this blend into the influenced zone for 10 minutes before washing up. After showering, apply lotion. Try this home remedy once every day for at least 2 weeks to see noticeable results.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is thought to be able to dispose of cellulite because of the presence of minerals potassium, magnesium and calcium.
All of these these minerals assume a key part in flushing out toxins and reducing water maintenance around the thighs and stomach, potentially decreasing both bloating and cellulite.
In addition, apple cider vinegar also boosts fat loss and less body fat means a lower chance of cellulite making an appearance.
To apply on the skin:
Blend one section apple cider vinegar with two sections water. If you like, you can also include a touch of honey.
Rub the solution into the influenced area. Leave it on for 30 minutes, and after that wash it off with warm water.
Aim to apply this treatment twice daily for 2 weeks or until until you achieve visible results.
Tip for faster results: blend apple cider vinegar and water in equivalent amounts and rub it into the cellulite affected areas.
After, wrap the region with plastic wrap and put a warm towel over it for at least 60 minutes.
Finally, expel the wrap and wash the region with tepid water. Do this once daily until you notice visible results.
Green clay has capacity to animate blood and lymph flow, flush away dead skin cells, assimilate contaminations and fats, and repair and fortify connective tissue.
Because of every one of these properties, green clay is considered profoundly successful for diminishing the presence of cellulite.
To apply on the skin:
Combine one-half glass each of green clay and seaweed, some naturally crushed lime juice, three tablespoons of hot water, and one tablespoon of natural honey (preferably manuka) to shape a thick and smooth glue.
Rub the blend into the influenced region utilising circular movements, and afterward cover it with plastic wrap. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes, and afterward wash it off with tepid water.
Try this treatment on a week by week basis until the point that you achieve your desired outcome.
Salmon is known to be rich in cancer prevention agents, which can separate fat cells in cellulite.
In addition, the omega-3 unsaturated fats in salmon are used by the body for smooth skin and tissue.
Omega-3 unsaturated fats reduce hunger and low-level irritation and also repair and reinforce skin tissues. This greatly diminishes the development of destructive toxins within the bloodstream and enhances dissemination.
Attempt to eat one or two servings of salmon every week. To advance cellulite removal, choose steamed or simmered salmon dishes and stay away from the southern style variants.
Tangerine oil enhances blood dissemination and separates fat pockets causing cellulite. This oil also assumes a key role in detoxifying the body.
To apply on the skin:
Include five drops of tangerine oil to one tablespoon of olive oil.
Rub this blend into the influenced region for 10 to 15 minutes. Reuse twice a day for several weeks to notice a diminished appearance of cellulite.
On the other hand, you can take this oil orally to help diminish cellulite and lift your digestion. Include a few drops of tangerine oil to a glass of warm water.
Try drinking it once daily until the point that you see change.
Water is very important
Cellulite pockets are loaded with toxins that amass in your body throughout the years.
Drinking water is the most ideal approach to expel toxins from your body. It will also keep your body hydrated, which will help give your skin a solid sparkle and surface.
Aim to drink no less than eight glasses of water each day to ensure your body (and skin) is getting all the water it needs.
You can also aim to drink a glass of water just as you wake up, before you have your morning espresso or tea.
If you don’t care for drinking plain water you can also squeeze a little lemon into it for taste.
Additionally, you can try to eat foods with higher water content such as melons, cucumbers, and green vegetables.
Cellulite can strike at any stage of your life. However skin tissue tends to change as we age. This means that cellulite occurs more often as we get older.
In addition to this, we also tend to increase in body fat percentage. The average woman tends to lose muscle mass and replace it with additional body fat as she ages.
However, with the correct lower body exercises you can diminish your cellulite and make your thighs look smoother and firmer. The key is in working all your lower body muscles from each point, diminishing the fundamental fat stores and supplanting lost muscle tissue to give the zone a tight, conditioned appearance all through.
To see visible results, aim to perform 1 set of 10 to 15 reps of the below exercises for at least three to seven days. Lift gradually, tallying 2 seconds to lift and 4 seconds to lower. Before beginning, warm up you muscles and get your blood flowing with jogging, cycling, or any light workout.
Side to Side
Muscles worked: Quadriceps, abductors, adductors, hamstrings, and glutens
Firstly, aim to do this exercise with no weights (in order to get the correct form). Simply keep your hands on your hips. To increase the intensity (once you have mastered the correct form), you can hold dumbbells or kettlebells up at your hips or shoulders while performing.
1. Remain with your legs bear width separated with your toes called attention to around 45 degrees and your back level and straight. Hold a dumbbell in each hand and rest them at your hips.
2. Make a mammoth move to one side and curve your left knee until the point that your thigh is parallel to the floor, keeping your correct leg broadened. Try not to enable your left knee to bulge over your toes or your buttocks to plunge beneath your knee. Rest, at that point come back to the beginning position and rehash the movement to the correct side without resting.
All four Kickbacks
When doing this activity remember not to curve or hunch your back. This will keep you from putting weight on your lower back.
You will be able to make the activity more intense by doing it with lower leg weights. On the off chance that you don’t have lower leg weights, do the activity with a light dumbbell held behind the knee.
1. Wearing lower leg weights get down on your lower arms and knees (like the hands-and-knees position, however you twist your arms and bolster your weight on your lower arms rather than your hands). Hold you’re back straight and your head in accordance with your back so that your eyes are looking down.
2. Holding your back straight and leg bowed gradually swing your correct leg back and lift your correct foot toward the roof until the point when your thigh is parallel to the ground. Your foot ought to remain flexed all through the activity. Hold for 1 second; at that point come back to the beginning position. Do one set with your right leg, at that point switch and rehash with your left.
Lying Inner-Leg Lift
By working these muscles, you can make a solid, slender line down the internal parts of your leg. While you’re doing this activity keep your abdominal area stationary; fight the temptation to influence forward and backward as you lift and lower.
You may likewise need to do the move without weights initially to take in the movement, since it can be quite difficult at first.
1. Wearing lower leg weights, lie on your left side, laying your head on your upper arm, and place your correct hand on the floor before your trunk for bolster. Twist the knee of your top leg, setting the foot of that leg before your other knee. Your base leg ought to be completely extended.
2. Gradually raise your base leg as high as is possible. Hold for 1 second, at that point gradually lower. Do one set with your left leg, at that point switch and rehash with your right leg.
The Leg Pull
The external thighs are an issue zone for some ladies. Conditioning these muscles won’t just help with cellulite yet it will make you more balanced and steadier.
To make this exercise even more intense you can use either Strengthening Resistance Bands or Adjustable Ankle Cuff Resistance Tubes.
While performing these moves, hold your back level on the floor; don’t curve your lower back or turn your middle.
1. Freely tie an activity band around your lower legs and lie on your back with your arms down at your sides. Broaden both legs straight up specifically over your hips, with your feet spread sufficiently wide that the activity band is somewhat rigid. Flex your feet.
2. Gradually lift your legs to the extent you can. At the point when the strain begins to be strong, making it impossible to pull any further, stop. At that point gradually move your legs back to the beginning position.