Reading time: 15 minutes
How to reduce cellulite with massage
Cellulite is a universal problem for all women. It is being discussed everywhere, all around the globe. Women of all ages, shapes and sizes have tried countless ways to get rid of this often unsightly skin condition.
Recent studies suggest that a regular cellulite massage can help in the fight against cellulite.
How to conduct an effective cellulite massage
If you are doing your own cellulite massage you can take advantage of these simple techniques to maximize its effectiveness:
- Apply lotion or oil to the area affected by cellulite. This will help reduce any friction while using the cellulite massager.
- Apply pressure to the skin and alternate between the following moves:
- Start massaging at the lowest point to enhance flow of blood in your circulatory system, while massaging up towards your heart.
- Pinching Massage: Pinch two small areas of the skin with either hand and pull in opposite directions.
- Knuckle Massage: Use your fists to apply pressure and move in a circular motion with your knuckles.
- Kneading Massage: Use a squeeze and lift type motion as if you were kneading dough.
- Sweeping Massage: Swiftly slide your hands using long sweeping strokes across the affected area.
- Finish the massage with heavy relaxing broad strokes towards your heart.
If this sounds like too much effort or you’re short on time you can also use a cellulite massager.
Using cellulite massagers at home is simple and easy. Anyone can make use of them and they may be able to give you a deeper, more effective massage.
Cellulite massagers are cost-effective
A healthy and effective way to get rid of cellulite is by using the right cellulite massager.
They are extremely easy to use.
In addition, since they can be used within the comfort of your home, they are also very accessible and convenient.
Of course, you can go to a massage clinic and get one done by a professional. However given the frequency of massage recommended for cellulite reduction this is going to cost you time and money. A typical session can cost anywhere between $60 to $200 for fifteen minutes to an hour.
Don’t worry, cellulite massagers are relatively cheap and very easy to use.
What are the benefits of using cellulite massagers?
Cellulite massagers are electronic devices that come with a variety of different nozzle heads. This allows you to lessen the physical effort it takes to give yourself a massage and penetrate deeper into the skin tissue enhancing circulation and blood flow.
There are a number of benefits in using a cellulite massager:
- Cellulite massagers give you a deeper massage than you can do yourself. The different power settings available on most cellulite massagers also give you an option of how deep into the tissue you would like to penetrate. These extra powerful vibrations can result in deeper more beneficial massages.
- The intense vibrations result in increased blood flow in the circulatory system and attack fat deposits under the skin. This also helps expand blood vessels to larger degree.
- Many cellulite massagers target the lymphatic system which can help remove toxins and drain fluids from your body. This helps to break up fat deposits which poke upwards into the epidermis causing cellulite.
- This type of massage stimulates skin elasticity which is important for cellulite reduction.
The 7 best cellulite massagers:
Choosing the best type of cellulite massager that is the most effective for you, can be a very difficult task. There are so many available and all of them claim to be the best.
As a result, we’ve researched 7 of the most effective cellulite massagers on the market to help you make the most informed decision.
We have also scoured the internet to find the lowest price available for each machine. This will give you an idea of how much you should be paying if you choose to purchase one.
1. G5 GBM
This machine is a super powered cellulite massager. The G5 GBM is often used by professional athletes and their trainers.
Regardless of the load, it maintains a pre-set speed. This makes it perfect to use on athletes who require regular deep tissue massage. It’s high speed properties also make it perfect for cellulite reduction.
Don’t be pressured to use the most powerful settings, simply choose what is most comfortable and effective for you.
The 5 applicators help you to massage large and small muscle groups. This also gives you a degree of flexibility on how to approach the massage.
Advantages of the G5 GBM:
- G5 GBM is very small and easy to carry around.
- It is a high powered machine and effective for massaging deep into the muscle tissue.
Disadvantages of the G5 GBM:
- G5 GBM is expensive and more suitable for professional athletes.
- It is very delicate and should be handled with care to avoid breakage.
Lowest Available Price: $725 USD
2. Percussion Double Head Electric Massager
The Percussion Double Head Electric Massager is a stylish, lightweight and an effective cellulite massager.
It is affordable and very easy to use.
It works effectively on all the areas affected by cellulite including your abdomen, buttocks, muscles, legs, arms, back and thighs.
This massager has a great selection of interchangeable applicator heads, which helps to give you various massage options.
It is a very user friendly design, which makes the product easy for everyone to use; people of all age groups.
This highly effective massager is also very economical, hence making it possible for pretty much every one to buy.
In my opinion this machine is great value for money. The adjustable heads and design also allow you to reach those hard to reach areas of the body.
Advantages of the Percussion Double Head Electric Massager:
- It has a user friendly design and relatively easy to use.
- The speed at which this massager works is adjustable and suitable for all ages. You can use it at a fast pace if you can or even a lower speed depending on your preference.
- This product has 6 different applicator heads attached to it, which are also interchangeable.
- It is also very economical.
Disadvantages of the Percussion Double Head Electric Massager:
- There is only one real disadvantage of this massager. It is not very powerful. Therefore, it may take a longer period of time to show visible results.
Lowest Available Price: $34.99 USD
3. ETTG Therapeutic Electric Massager
ETTG Therapeutic Electric Massager is a portable and very easy to operate anti-cellulite massager.
It gives you a nice spa-like massage. It comes with an easy to change double applicator, hence giving you plenty of options to choose from.
This cellulite massager will also help you to increase your skin’s elasticity by intensively provoking the treated area. ETTG also helps you to make your body firmer by decomposing excess body fat. This stimulates your peripheral blood vessels, which further helps to enhance your blood circulation and metabolism by accelerating waste discharge.
Advantages of ETTG therapeutic electric massager:
- This product in particular is very delicate and easy to use. Which means that almost anyone can use it effectively.
- ETTG therapeutic electric massager also gives you a spa-like massage. It helps you to ease your mental tensions away and gives you a very relaxing feel.
- This product is also very economical, giving you great value for money.
Disadvantages of ETTG therapeutic electric massager:
- The main disadvantage associated with this product is that is made for massaging only your neck and shoulders. Areas usually unaffected by cellulite.
- It only has only two applicators attached to it. This gives you a relatively limited number of options to choose from.
Lowest Available Price: $49.79 USD
4. Styles II Therapeutic Percussion Massager
The Styles II Therapeutic Percussion Massager uses high frequency vibration principles to make sure that your blood is flowing at a reasonable pace. This is one of the most effective cellulite massagers in the market.
It is very smooth so you can easily take advantage of the deep tissue setting without the risk of injuring or hurting yourself. In my opinion it’s the ideal machine for massaging the thighs and arms, while also giving you a very relaxing, deep tissue massage.
This model specifically comes with multiple heads, a bead and a wheel. The wheel is more suitable to thighs, arms and the back area. The bead head on the other hand has three little balls that are more effective for the face and neck area.
Advantages of the Styles II therapeutic percussion massager:
- It has 11 applicator heads attached to it. This gives you a wide variety of options to choose from according to your preferences.
- This product is highly effective and very easy to use.
- Styles II therapeutic percussion massager is very powerful, even at its lowest setting.
- It works well with lightweight clothing.
Disadvantages of the Styles II therapeutic percussion massager:
- The cord attached to the product could be a bit longer.
- It is usually almost twice as costly as the two massagers mentioned above (see our price below to get the best rate).
Lowest Available Price: $36.97 USD
5 . WAHL Deep-Tissue Percussion Therapeutic Massager
The Deep-Tissue Percussion Therapeutic Cellulite Massager claims to offer “professional grade therapeutic tension release.”
Its percussion sensation does all the work and allows you to perform a great massage on your own.
It contains a powerful motor and rapid movements (5000 pulses per minute!) which helps give you a powerful at-home massage.
It contains 4 unique massage heads and an adjustable speed setting.
This product also comes with a money back guarantee.
Advantages of WAHL Deep TissuePercussion Therapeutic Massager:
- The motor fitted in the machine hardly makes any noise which should help avoid any disturbance to the people around you.
- Long power cord available (no need for batteries).
- This product also comes with 3 attachments.
- It is very economical.
Disadvantages of WAHL Deep TissuePercussion Therapeutic Massager:
- The size of this cellulite massager is larger compared to the others listed above.
- It is quite heavy relative to the other massagers mentioned above.
- Can be quite uncomfortable if massaging directly onto bare skin.
- It is not cordless.
Lowest Available Price: $39.99 USD
6. Premium Super Wave Cordless Massager
The Premium Super Wave Cordless Massager allows for an almost professional grade deep tissue massage.
It has variable speed and 6 different auto massage modes to choose from. It has a variable speed dial so you can easily adjust to your preferred speed and intensity.
Advantages of the Premium Super Wave Cordless Massager:
- It works well with lightweight clothing.
- It has 9 different interchangeable massage heads, including pentagonal and shiatsu heads. Each made for a different use and body part.
- It has a cordless and re-chargeable function (fully charged in 3.5 hours).
Disadvantages of the Premium Super Wave Cordless Massager:
- Many customer reviews claim that the battery does not last very long after a full charge (less than 1.5 hours).
- The buttons are hard to reach while in use (in order to vary speed and mode during the massage).
Lowest Available Price: $34.99
7. Pure-Wave CM7 Extreme Power Massager
Last but certainly not least is the Pure-Wave CM7 Extreme Power Massager. Boasting over 1500 positive customer reviews on Amazon the Pure Wave Massager is the gold standard in electronic massage.
Often used by professionals, it is compact and cordless. It has a rechargeable lithium ion battery that charges fully in 1 hour and lasts up to 180 minutes continuous (1 week at around 25-30 minutes per day).
It also allows for 2 types of massage, both micro-vibration (ideal for headaches, facial massage and jaw pain) and percussion therapy (ideal for cellulite). Most importantly, it boasts powerful percussion cycles of 3700 RPM, meaning it is one of the best in class for powerful deep tissue massage.
Advantages of the Pure Wave Massager:
- It has 6 different massage applicator heads.
- It comes with a body massage oil applicator that allows you to add your favourite essential oils and creams into the massage.
- Great battery life.
- Ergonomic and lightweight.
Disadvantages of Pure Wave Massager:
- More expensive than the others.
- Can be very intense depending on the setting.
Lowest Available Price: $124.94
Our Verdict: The Best Cellulite Massager
The best cellulite massager, taking into consideration value for money and effectiveness, has to be the Pure-Wave CM7 Extreme Power Massager.
The Pure-Wave CM7 Extreme Power Massager is the perfect anti cellulite massager due to its extra powerful percussion cycles. This allows for a deeper massage which helps expand blood vessels to a higher degree.
To top it off, out of all the machines mentioned above it has the highest number of 5 star customer and critical reviews.
Although it is a little more expensive than most of the others, it seems to be more durable and may outlast the more affordable alternatives.
Already have a cellulite massager? Burn fat and smooth cellulite with roller exercises
Derma Roller Cellulite Review
- What is the derma roller?
The DermaLite Titanium Microneedle DermaRoller is simply a roller with 540 needles.
You use it to roll around the surface of your skin, which in turn helps to get rid of cellulite.
This also gradually aims to reverse all sorts of skin conditions.
- What conditions can be treated?
It can help remove stretch marks, wrinkles, reduce hair loss and almost eliminate pitted scars. It has also been shown to reduce cellulite to a large extent.
- How does derma roller work?
The theory behind this is that when you use a derma roller, your skin gets pierced. This will automatically be treated as a damage by your body, therefore your body will produce collagen in order to repair and fill the pierced hole. While doing that, it will also repair the pitted skin and remove acne scars.
- How safe is it?
This really depends on the needle size used on the roller surface. The same treatment being performed in clinics makes use of needles above 1.5mm, which is also the limit baseline for professional use.
If you are going to use it at home, then it is recommended to use any size below or equal to 1.5 mm.
Obviously, the larger the size of the needle the more noticeable are the results. However always aim to make safety a priority or consult a professional before use.
- Other uses of derma roller?
When you treat an area of your body with derma roller, the absorption rate of any cream is increased up to 1000 times if applied on the same area.
The collagen production is also boosted up by various other creams when used with a derma roller.
- How long before you see results?
The results depend on what condition you are using the derma roller and how extensively you use it.
Your skin naturally renews itself after 40 days, therefore, with a little stimulation, the changes taking place can be very dramatic.
- Is there any side effects of using derma roller?
There are no side effects of using a derma roller that is only if you read the manual properly and use the roller carefully.
- Which derma roller to buy?
There is a wide variety of derma rollers in the market nowadays. Most of them are of good quality, some are not. Some are even cheap plastic rollers.
However, my personal choice would be DermaLite Titanium Microneedle DermaRoller, as it is FDA certified and the quality of the rollers is also quite amazing.
If you tried everything and still have Cellulite, know the 5 keys to kill your cellulite fast and naturally.